Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More on American Pie and the Continental Connections Crash in Buffalo

Joseph Herrin (02-17-09)

Looking at the official website of Don McLean, the writer and singer of the song American Pie, I cam across the following notice.

American Pie at the Inauguration Concert
Posted on 20 January 2009
Tags: News

On Sunday Garth Brooks performed “American Pie” at President-elect Obama’s Inauguration Concert in Washington DC in front of the Lincoln Memorial - Obama sang along!

This is the second time “American Pie” has been sung in this location - Don McLean sang it on New Year’s Eve in 1999.
[End Excerpt]

One must wonder how this song was chosen to be performed by Garth Brooks for the Inauguration Concert.

Some have written to ask me of the significance of the number of those who perished in the Continental Connections flight. First reports indicated that there were 48 who perished IN the plane and 1 on the ground. This figure was later changed to 49 IN the plane, as there was a Continental pilot who was catching a ride back to Buffalo, but who was not part of the flight’s crew. Therefore, this man did not show up on the passenger list or the crew list.

Why is this significant. America’s states are similarly divided. People refer to the continental United States as consisting of Alaska and the “lower 48.” Thus we had the 48 who represented the “lower 48 states” and the pilot on board who symbolically represented Alaska.

Hawaii is of course the 50th state, and the one person who perished on the ground represents Hawaii. Even as Hawaii is below all the other states geographically, so too was the person who perished on the ground below the 49 who perished in the plane.

The Continental Connections plane departed from Newark Liberty International Airport on its way to Buffalo. This is symbolic of America’s liberty coming to an end. It has actually been a misuse of liberty that has led to God’s judgment falling upon the nation. A parallel witness to the end of liberty is that the World Trade Centers which were destroyed on 9-11-2001 were located at the corner of Church Street and Liberty Street. Thus we see one more witness that judgment must begin at the house of God.

I Peter 4:17-18
For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And if it is with difficulty that the righteous is saved, what will become of the godless man and the sinner?

Following are some observations received from brothers and sisters in Christ who have written to me. A brother in Christ forwarded to me that which his fiancé was discerning.

i have done a little research on the buffalo plane crash. i wanted to find out if Yahweh was telling me something. this is what i found.
the plane crashed on Long Street in a town called Clarence Center. it is a small town of only 1,747 people. they all know each other. one article i read said that everybody in town knew at least one person who was killed in the crash and that their neighborhood is deeply wounded and is like a ghost town. it is usually a upbeat place where the townspeople gather in the "heart" of this town that they call the "four corners."

Ezekiel 7:1-8
And the word of Yahweh came to me, saying, “And you, son of man, this is what the Master Yahweh said to the land of Yisra’ĕl, ‘An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land. Now the end is upon you, and I shall send My displeasure against you, and judge you according to your ways, and repay you for all your abominations. And My eye shall not pardon you, nor would I spare, for I repay your ways while your abominations are in your midst. And you shall know that I am Yahweh!’ Thus said the Master Yahweh, ‘A calamity, an only calamity, look, it has come! An end has come, the end has come! It has awakened against you, look, it has come! The turn has come to you, O inhabitants of the land. The time has come, a day of uproar is near, and not of rejoicing in the mountains. Soon I shall pour out My wrath, and shall complete My displeasure upon you, and judge you according to your ways, and repay you for all your abominations.

Juhls

-------------------------------

Dear Joseph:
I just finished reading "the swan song" and had a few comments to make after rereading the lyrics to Amercan Pie. This song has come up to me a few times in the last couple years---mostly just turning on the car radio and hearing it. Or I would hear it overhead in the grocery store. It seems there has been a resurgence of this song into the airwaves---to those who can hear it. Each time this has happened I have been transfixed to every word and felt that almost eerie thing that this is exactly what was/is coming our way. I then got online and read what Don McLean was saying in writing this song---of course it has nothing to do with what I was sensing or what you are saying here.
I think prophecy at times often speaks forth messages hidden to the speaker. They think they are saying one thing and yet are actually speaking something else to those who have ears. This is certainly true of modern culture with the messages in movies, stories, popular songs---it seems that HE is always speaking to those with ears to hear. This has astounded me at times and I have believed the writers could not have possibly known what they are saying. But the "church" seems to be the most mute of all in this, there must be an alarm sounded through the culture. And though even though some of the vessels are obviously quite contamintaed and often very blind---the messages are still spoken. I believe there will be many in our culture who will have much grace given them to understand these messages to be coming from "GOD", and will be disturbed enough to seek Him and find Him. This was also true of me before I was born again. Many many times He used whatever I was listening to to speak to me and I was deeply stirred and understanding that somehow---HE was speaking to me--and this grew and grew. The church itself was not a witness to me in this way. I have heard many say---"not everything is prophetic", but I am not sure that is true. He certainly seems to be speaking in a loud way through--- everything.
In June of 07 the Lord began speaking things to me out of the series "Pirates of the Caribbean." I knew nothing of these stories and had never seen any of them. The 3rd and final story was released in May 07 ---"At Worlds End." I saw it in the theatre and of course had NO idea what was going on ( not knowing the previous story line) and didn't think much about it. But I began to be disturbed in my spirit and it seems after 2 days of that I began to understand it was about the movie. What unfolded after that was my renting the other 2 and watching them a couple times and then returning to see "At Worlds End". I bring this up because of what you say about "the song" --and the day the music died.
In 'At World's End' --in the beginning---there is a song that is sung that is a prophetic song that signals it is TIME. And based on that, it all begins to unfold. And one of the things they say is---"the song has been sung". After I had pressed through some things about movie 3, I had a peace and release that somehow the Lord was answering me through giving me yet another picture of what He is doing. At that same time I had a CD on from around 2000 ---a Morning Star production ---"Braveheart Live from Edinburgh, Scotland" And I wasn't paying any attention to the music and suddenly the Lord spoke to me and I heard---"this is the song". And I listened and I understood that THIS is The Song we are to be singing now. So the music dies in one sector to signal the end of one thing and arises in His people to signal the beginning of His plan of the ages.
I am sure you have heard this song, but I will include the lyrics.
"Come Let us Go Up to the Mountain"Suzy Willis, Leonard Jones, Matthew Donavan
Nations will be flowing to Zion
When they see the house of the Lord
Running to His peaceful kingdom
Shouting, they lay down their swords.
Chorus:
Come let's go up the mountain
Come let's go up to the Lord
Come let us go up to the mountain
He will teach us His ways.
Wash us with the spirit of burning
Let Your beautiful fruit shine forth
Then everyone who's left in Zion
Will be called holy forevermore.
Arise and shake the earth
So mightily
Send Your glory all across this land
Then everything that is proud
and lofty will bow down before
The Son of Man.
Over all the glory
There will be a covering
A cloud of smoke all through the day
A flaming fire through the night
A tabernacle for the shade
A shelter from the pouring rain
When the Lord will wash awayThe filth from the daughters of Zion.
One more thing. Since last spring, the Lord has impressed upon me over and over again Micah chapter 4 and then into chapter 5. I was in a real bad state last night and crying out and asking AGAIN about needing to hear from Him about what is going on and where are we, etc etc. And I opened to Micah 4: 9-13 and then into chapter 5. In my bible--- right before verse 9 it says---"the suffering that precedes the Kingdom"---and reaffirming AGAIN that we do writhe in labor and groaning to bring forth His Kingdom. It really greatly encourages me and I need reminded of it regularly. Remembering what we are groaning for---not just groaning. The opening verses of Micah 4 of course very similiar to The Song.
Just another witness. I had no idea I was even going to share all that.
Karen

--------------------------------

God Bless you Brother Joseph,
I just want to point out the following observation. It seems that during the first two months of the year the major stories here in the U.S. has been the two airplane incidents (one in the Hudson and the other in Buffalo) and the stimulus package that Obama is set to sign tomorrow.
The amount of the "stimulus package" is $787 billion dollars. The Lord impressed me to do a Google search for "787 airline." I didn’t know there was such an airplane. The airplane is called the Dream Liner.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787family/

So it looks as though this "787 stimulus package" will crash the economy soon.
Thanks brother Joseph for all the insights you share with the body of Christ.

Oscar

---------------------------------

Tom wrote:

February 12th is Abraham Lincoln's birthday...the day of the crash 2/12/09.

----------------------------------

Dear Joseph,

It is Monday morning and I just got into the office awhile ago and checked my email. I haven't read your most recent blog posting yet, but I did just read the one entitled "A Plane Crash in Buffalo - A Lesson in Judgment."

As I read the story, the Spirit bore witness to that which was written. In fact, the Lord spoke a very similar message to me this weekend by leading me to several passages of scripture, which included the scriptures that you referenced in your writing from 1 Peter 4 and Luke 13.

On Saturday morning when I woke up, the Spirit led me to a passage in Daniel 4 regarding King Nebuchadnezzar's dream about the tree and Daniel's interpretation of it. The interpretation starts in verse 24 and Daniel basically warns the king that he will be driven away from his kingdom and become like a beast for seven years until he acknowledges that the 'Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.' After the interpretation is given, Daniel proceeds to counsel the king in verse 27 as follows,

"Therefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable to you; break off your sins and show the reality of your repentance by righteousness (right standing with God and moral and spiritual rectitude and rightness in every area and relation) and liberate yourself from your iniquities by showing mercy and loving-kindness to the poor and oppressed, that [if the king will repent] there may possibly be a continuance and lengthening of your peace and tranquility and a healing of your error."

After reading this passage of scripture, the Spirit quickened the parable from Luke 13 that you referenced in your writing about the fig tree and how it was given one more year to produce fruit. I don't know how I never made the connection before, but after King Nebuchadnezzar's dream about the tree and Daniel's interpretation and counsel about producing fruit, it was exactly 12 months later that the dream was fulfilled. In Daniel 4:29-31 it reads,

"At the end of twelve months he was walking in the royal palace of Babylon. The king said, Is not this the great Babylon that I have built as the royal residence and seat of government by the might of my power and for the honor and glory of my majesty? While the words were still in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is spoken: The kingdom has departed from you,.."
Based on what the Lord has shown you through the many signs and parables that He is showing forth in this hour and what He has shown me and others, I believe that we are almost at the end of the 12 months figuratively speaking and about to head into the 7 years of tribulation. King Nebuchadnezzer represented the kingdom of Babylon, which is an anti-type of America today and her time is almost up. The sentence that was given to King Nebuchadnezzar will be the same sentence given to America. Daniel 4:32 reads,

"And you shall be driven from among men and your dwelling will be with the living creatures of the field. You will be made to eat grass like the oxen, and seven times [or years] shall pass over you until you have learned and know that the Most High [God] rules in the kingdom of men and gives it to whomever He will."

America as a nation and its people have become like beasts because God has given them over to their sins and they will be given into the hands of the beast kingdom for seven times until they learn that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men and gives it to whomever He will.

Regarding the scriputure passage that you referenced from 1 Peter 4:17-18, the Lord also led me to this verse this weekend after reading a passage from Jeremiah 25. In Jeremiah 25, it speaks of the coming 70 years of captivity, and I believe that it is connected to what the Lord showed me in the Daniel 4/Luke 13 scriptures. Jeremiah 25:15-29 reads,

"This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me: "Take from my hand this cup filled with the wine of my wrath and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they drink it, they will stagger and go mad because of the sword I will send among them."

So I took the cup from the LORD's hand and made all the nations to whom he sent me drink it: Jerusalem and the towns of Judah, its kings and officials, to make them a ruin and an object of horror and scorn and cursing, as they are today; Pharaoh king of Egypt, his attendants, his officials and all his people, and all the foreign people there; all the kings of Uz; all the kings of the Philistines (those of Ashkelon, Gaza, Ekron, and the people left at Ashdod Edom, Moab and Ammon; all the kings of Tyre and Sidon; the kings of the coastlands across the sea; Dedan, Tema, Buz and all who are in distant places; all the kings of Arabia and all the kings of the foreign people who live in the desert; all the kings of Zimri, Elam and Media; and all the kings of the north, near and far, one after the other—all the kingdoms on the face of the earth. And after all of them, the king of Sheshach will drink it too.

"Then tell them, 'This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.' But if they refuse to take the cup from your hand and drink, tell them, 'This is what the LORD Almighty says: You must drink it! See, I am beginning to bring disaster on the city that bears my Name, and will you indeed go unpunished? You will not go unpunished, for I am calling down a sword upon all who live on the earth, declares the LORD Almighty.'

From this passage, we see that Yahweh first brings judgment on the house that bares His name (ie. Jerusalem and the towns of Judah). As in Ezekiel 9:6, judgment always begins with the house of God and He will often use more wicked nations to execute said judgment, but the cup always comes back to the wicked nations that He has used as His rod of judgment. In the last verse that I underlined in the above passage, the Lord speaks of bringing judgment on the wicked and unrighteous as well, and how will they escape if the righteous scarcely be saved?

A while back, I watched a movie called 'Apocalypto' that Mel Gibson made about the end times of the ancient Mayan civilization and the Lord spoke a parable to me through it. Toward the end of the movie, it portrays the Mayan civilization and shows how wicked and debased the society had become even to the point of offering human sacrifice. It was a really grotesque scene and showed the utter depravity of man apart from God. Then, in the very last scene of the movie, you see the ships of the white man landing on the continent for the first time and the movie ends. We know from history that this ancient civilization was totally wiped out and God used the white people to do it. In biblical times, God raised the Israelites up to ultimately execute judgment on the people of Canaan that had become totally wicked and corrupt. We see this picture from what the Lord promised to Abraham in Genesis 15:12-16. It reads,

"As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him. Then the LORD said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. You, however, will go to your fathers in peace and be buried at a good old age. In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure."

God had a purpose in raising up America and I believe that part of that purpose was to be used as His rod/sword of judgment to execute justice. Has America fulfilled her purpose just like the Lord used the Babylonians of old? Habakkuk chapters 1&2 gives a perfect illustration of this. After the Lord uses the ruthless and impetuous people of the Babylonians as His rod, He says this about them in Habakkuk 2:7-8,

"Will not your debtors suddenly arise? Will they not wake up and make you tremble? Then you will become their victim. Because you have plundered many nations, the peoples who are left will plunder you. For you have shed man's blood; you have destroyed lands and cities and everyone in them."

God is patient and long-suffering and does not desire for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance. We see this many times throughout scripture and history where He will postpone judgment and give more time for the people to repent and produce righteous fruit just like the fig tree that was given one more year. However, a time eventually comes when the cup of God's wrath and judgment is filled up and it must be poured out. No one knows fully the long-suffering of God and how long it takes for this cup to be filled up, but we know from history the God has established His throne with justice and that He will not be mocked.

What's interesting is that we see from history that there is a certain point when a society becomes so corrupt and violent to the point of killing innocent lives/human sacrifice (i.e. the time of Noah, Sodom and Gomorrah, Canaanites, Mayan civilization) that God must bring judgment. We learn this truth in 1 Cor. 3:16, "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."


Sine January 22, 1973, America as a nation has been practicing human sacrifice of the worse kind, that of killing innocent babies. Many had hoped that this would be overturned and that the Bush administration would have accomplished this, but God has given America over to its lusts and we have become a wicked and depraved generation. It has now been 36 years (6x6) that this has been going on and this is the year of 2009 ('2' signifies double and '9' judgment). Revelations 18:6 in reference to Babylon says, "Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double."
Has the cup of the Lord's wrath been filled up? I believe the Lord is saying that it has. Luke 3:9 says, "And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire." When I woke up on Saturday morning, I also heard the following word in my spirit, "...the powers of heaven will be shaken." I thought this was a scripture verse and when I looked it up I found that this phrase is found in the scriptures three different times and all are in reference to the coming end of the age. These scriptures are as follows:

Matthew 24:29
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken...

Mark 13:25
And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

Luke 21:26
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Yahweh has signified that judgment is at the door. He told us these things in advance so that when they happen we may believe. While fear is coming over the face of the earth, it is a time when the saints must arise with faith in their hearts, because we were already certain of these things before they happened. Hebrews defines faith as, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for." It is time for the saints to take up our posts and call forth these things that God has ordained. We see this in the parable of the unjust judge and the widow. At a time when faith is scarce in the earth, let us exercise the same faith of the widow, because we see the Lord's response to her and what He brought about. Luke 18:6-8 recounts,

"And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"

Heralding the coming day of the Lord,
Andrew

Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws
Parables Blog: http://www.parablesblog.blogspot.com

Mailing Address:
Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063

1 comment:

Babu Syed said...

http://babusyed.blogspot.com/2009/02/don-mclean-american-pie.html for lyrics