Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Visual Basic For Microsoft

Joseph Herrin (05-16-2017)





















As you can tell by reading my blog, I have been greatly enabled to keep up my newsletters that I send to men in prison since I had the programs MS Excel and MS Publisher merged to work together via Visual Basic. Less than two years ago I was doing it all by hand and it was becoming too much for me. I had a brother named Harvey volunteer to streamline things and he wrote a very nice program. At the time I was doing 120 newsletters every week. Now I have 280 newsletters that I am sending out almost continually. But, they need some help.

I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 10 and MS Excel and Publisher 2016. Previously I was using Windows 8.1 and Excel and Publisher 2007. They won’t work now and my software developer cannot figure out what is wrong. I would like to ask someone to fix it for me so that I can carry on with the newsletter ministry to men in prison.


The program has become quite robust when it is working. Following is a screen shot of the main file. 

















(Click on Photo to View Larger)

Following is the next screen of the Newsletters page.




















The next one is called the PrintLedger. It just keeps tab of what has been sent to each person. The following screen is called Settings. It is the screen I access on days that I print.
















I have never used items 3b or 3c. Then there is the BookRef page that lists all the books and there associated newsletters. They are numbered according to how many newsletters it requires to receive the whole book. For example, book number 1.1 takes 6 newsletters to receive the whole book. These are number 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, and 1.1.6. I always want to finish sending a book before I start to send another writing. The writings that start with a 2 are shorter writings.
























I will of course give a more thorough explanation to anyone who is willing to do this job for me. MS Excel and Publisher 2016, are somewhat different from the 2007 versions. They keep on crashing with the Visual Basic that was written for me. If a person does not have Windows 10, or MS Excel or Publisher 2016, they can log onto my computer and access them from there. I have TeamViewer 12 which is a desktop access program that is free. You will just have to download it yourself.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with the program.


Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws    

Parables Blog: www.parablesblog.blogspot.com    

Mailing Address:
Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063

No comments: