Thursday, June 15, 2017

Keeping Busy

Joseph Herrin (06-15-2017)




















The Dreamer

I have been keeping busy with RV upkeep and paying out ministerial expenses lately. I had to replace the water pump on my RV because I am soon to have to drive it to my new location. I have had it parked at my daughter’s home in the country, but soon she will be moving closer to town. Fortunately for me, the town she is moving to is the one where my P.O. Box is located so it will be convenient for me as well. My daughter asked me if I would like to take a look at the new place about a month ago, and it is right on the road that I drive down when I go to the post office. It is not in town, but on the outskirts of it. There is a neighbor on one side, a couple hundred feet away, and no neighbor anywhere else.

The house is brick, which is a step-up from the manufactured home she has been living in, and it has a nice drive and a big space for a motorhome with a concrete area that will serve well as a patio. It is right at the back of the property, which is large, and will be great for my dog Champ. The property is covered by woods and has about twice as much grass for mowing as the old property.

To the back of the property is a large cow pasture. It looks about as private as one could ask for. In fact the cow pasture is all along one side of the property as well as being the only property at the back. I will post some pictures when I get moved.

My daughter has been waiting for some friends to move out and they have to have a closing date on their new property. The closing date has been moved once, but finally it is tomorrow. The home my daughter will be moving to will be a rental like her current property.

I had to get some hoses replaced on my bus as well as the water pump. There was also a fitting that was busted. It cost about $400 dollars for everything I had done, parts and labor. I can tell that the bus was not meant to be driven a lot, but it is practically the only repair work I have had done on it in the last four years. I have kept a can of SeaFoam in the gas tank and it does well.

During the same time I have been working on the Heart4God website, and I have a good friend named George who has been working on it as well. His work has been more technical. I think it will be good for me to move because George will only be about two miles up the road. If you look at the website now it will still look the same, but we are making quite a few changes to it. We are starting out with the books, and then will move onto the other sections. We will post it as soon as we have the book section done.





















































































We will be offering the books in PDF format, as well as in FlipBook format. I have also come up with a different appearance on the covers for those books that needed it. Each book will have its own  page where a person can glean more information on them.

























The books will be free in PDF or FlipBook formats. It came as a surprise when my Heart4God website came up for renewal once again. I use BlueHost for the web host. It is about $11 a month. I paid for an additional 3 years, which is the longest it will let you choose. It was just about $400 dollars for the 3 years, which is a financially expedient way to reach those who have a need to read the books or articles, or listen to the audio that is on them. I think the look of the pages is very nice. I must give George credit for that. He is a professional website designer.

The books should be posted in the new formats in a couple of weeks. I will let people know when they are ready.

Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws    

Parables Blog: www.parablesblog.blogspot.com    

Mailing Address:
Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063

No comments: