Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Update

Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

This is Joseph’s daughter, Kristin. I am writing on behalf of my dad to update you on his current situation. I believe he shared briefly on this blog about his court date yesterday. He was called into court because of some alimony charges that have accrued since he left his previous employment and has been walking this path of ministry. Without going into a lot of detail, the time in court went much the same as when he faced this about a year and a half ago, ending with him being put into the local detention center for a period of time. Right now we don’t know how long it will be, a month was mentioned, but we will still have to wait to find out that information. He asked me to post this update so that you will understand why he isn’t responding to correspondence via email at this time.

I would like to make his mailing address available for any of you who would like to write to him at this time. I am sure your notes of encouragement would mean a great deal to him, as well as any other correspondence you desire to have. His address is as follows:

Joseph Herrin
E-Pod
Houston County Detention Facility
203 North Perry Parkway
Perry, GA 31069

Feel free to send your letters to him at this address, but the letters should not contain any items or money, only pictures are permitted. Anything else you would desire to send can still be mailed to his PO box.   


In thinking of all that has taken place in the last couple days, I am reminded of God’s words through Isaiah:

Isaiah 55:8-11
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
 declares the Lord.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.        

God, in His infinite wisdom, has seen fit to allow this trial to come at this time. I am confident that He will accomplish His purposes even in the midst of these difficulties.
My dad has already seen God’s hand at work in giving him opportunities to share with some within the detention center. Pray that God would open doors for my dad to speak life and truth to people within those walls. Also, would you join me in praying for God’s purpose to be accomplished in each of our lives who are involved? I know that each trial He brings us through He desires to use to form the character of Christ in us, to give us His heart, purify our motives and help us to reflect Him more clearly. It is my desire that I would reflect Christ clearly, and that He would purify my heart and help me to understand His will. I know this is my dad’s desire as well, and we are resting in God, looking to see what He will do through all of this. I know that He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than we are able to ask or even imagine. That is the God I am trusting in. He will accomplish His purposes through this time.




Thank you for the notes of concern that have already come in for my dad- He is doing well and at peace. Thank you for your continued prayers!

May God bless you and keep you. Let’s continue to fight the good fight! Our momentary light afflictions are nothing to be compared with His glory that is to be revealed in us!

In Him,
Kristin   
 


Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws  
Parables Blog: www.parablesblog.blogspot.com    
Mailing Address: Joseph Herrin P.O. Box 804 Montezuma, GA 31063

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Kristin! Thanks for the update. We continue to pray for your dad, and all involved, that the Father's will may be done, and that his Christ, Y'Shuah continue to glorified. What a marvelous testimony is your note here, and your obvious faith which has made it possible. Hang in there!!

In Him,
Art

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Kristin. I kept looking to see if there was any word on Joseph. I will be praying for him. God is still good and God is still God, and He will use Joseph wherever He seems fit to. Blessings to you also.

Gospel Of The Kingdom Of God said...

Hi Kristin,

Thank you so much for the update! Your post was very edifying and I believe the Lord will definitely work everything out for the good. Brother Joseph will be in our prayers.

Many Blessings,
Tyrone

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us know how Joseph is doing. I know he knows that God is in full control and will use him for his Glory behind those walls.

Thanks again!