Thursday, January 18, 2018

Snow

Joseph Herrin (01-18-2018)

























Yesterday was a big day for snow here in South Georgia. When we talk of big snow here, we speak of 1" or there about. It only snows here once every 6-8 years. So it was a big day when my daughter got up at 5:00 A.M. to check on the snow. It snowed for about 3 hours and then it was sunny out the rest of the day, though it only got up to 35°. In two of the pictures my daughter can be seen with her friend Ruthie.

We actually had a much larger snow day when my daughter and son were younger. It must have been 6" of snow. But that was over 20 years ago. I took a shot out my door, and two shots of my car. It is unusual for South Georgia to get snow.



















Champ came in with me last night.





































Well, today is the next day. Most of the snow is gone. It reached 19° last night. When it started to thaw out today the pipes on the outdoor pump in the yard began to spray profusely. Someone neglected to insulate the pipes. It looks like it is just a small leak, even with all the water. My daughter has a plumber coming over later today to fix it. I am going to ask him if he can insulate the pipes. There aren’t too many of them.

The snow does make everything look clean and new for a little while.

Psalms 51:7
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws    

Parables Blog: www.parablesblog.blogspot.com    

Mailing Address:
Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063

No comments: