Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Making Contact

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

Let me begin by sharing that I have registered the following domain names.

www.parablesblog.net
www.parablesblog.org

You can now type in either of these domain names and will be redirected to the Parables Blog. Some had suggested over the years that I register these, or similar domain names, to make it simpler to access the blog. The actual blog address is:

www.parablesblog.blogspot.com

This was difficult for some to remember. As I had to renew my other domain today (www.heart4god.ws), I took the time to register these domains as well. I registered all of them for the next three years, and who knows what will be happening in the world when that time is ended? I expect great changes will have occurred in our world by then.

A Divine Appointment

I mentioned in the previous post that Yahweh was sending a younger sister in the faith to come and visit with myself and some of the saints here in Georgia. Eliana has been here for about two weeks and will be flying out this Sunday for her next stop along the path the Father has chosen for her. She will be heading to Chihuahua, Mexico where Robert Taylor and his family will be hosting her. Robert is 70 years old, and has been involved in missions for many decades. The past 13 years he has been in Mexico. I am certain that Yahweh will use Robert and his family to help Eliana get acclimated to her call as a missionary in Mexico.





















Eliana Yoseph

Eliana has her own blog site that you can access at the following address:

http://the-gate-and-the-way.blogspot.com/

I encourage you to pray for this sister in Christ. She is going to an area of Mexico where the drug cartels are active and people are routinely murdered. She can have peace, however, as she walks in the assurance that her steps are being ordered by Yahshua, the faithful Shepherd. I am reminded of the words of King David.

Psalms 23:4-5
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies...

I am sure Eliana would be blessed to receive any encouragement you may have to share with her as she yields her life in this extraordinary way to follow the Father. She is already experiencing His presence, guidance, and provision in ways that are unusual for Western Christians in this hour. All who surrender their lives to go where Yahweh says go, and to do what He instructs us to do, will experience things that are beyond the usual experience of the average Christian today.

Eliana’s time with us here in Georgia has been divinely appointed. I will have much to share about the things the Father is leading me, and others, into at this time. It is a time of great advancement, even promotion, into the power and authority of the kingdom of God. I sense a great transition in my own spiritual experience to be at hand, and I am eager to enter into the fulness of those things the Spirit has been speaking to me about.

Yahweh has been using my daughter Kristin in the area of spiritual deliverance, training her hands for war. She has been given numerous opportunities recently to help young people be set free of demonic spirits and to take back ground given to the enemy.




















       


My Daughter Kristin and I (03-11-2013)

I have many things to write and share with you all. The Father continues to lead me in processing the many experiences and new instruction He has been bringing me into. As soon as I am released to do so I will begin posting regularly once more.

The following words are from a recent blog post from our sister in Christ, Eliana.

Losing My Life In This World

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. Luke 9.24

The flesh seeks to place limits on the exercise of our faith through fear and unbelief, and in doing so, limit our spiritual experience.

But in the spirit, faith has no boundaries or limits; when we sincerely pray, “Lord, increase our faith”, faith will demand more from us. These demands will require increasing levels of sacrifice; our consecration will become more intimate. Each demand will present a choice: to advance by faith, or to retreat by sight.

Yahshua told us that there is a gate to be entered, and a narrow way to be walked, that leads to life.

As we advance by faith in the narrow way, we will be brought to an understanding of what it means to lose one’s life for His sake, to present our bodies as a living sacrifice. As servants, we will partake of the sufferings of our Master Yahshua, because it is enough that the servant should be as his Master. In doing so, we will come to know Him in an ever more intimate and personal way. The beauty of His person will be magnified.

To lose one’s life for His sake is no less than a requirement for complete surrender in every area of life, to die and to keep dying to self-initiative and self-will, in order that we may be emptied vessels to be used freely of the Spirit in all things. It is to abandon the securities of men, and the arm of the flesh, and to depend on Yahweh by faith for all our needs. It is to relinquish all control over our lives to another, far more capable. It is the road to true freedom.

Does this feel too risky? Walking by faith involves taking great risks, according to the world’s reckoning in the natural man. Yahweh does not promise us immunity from any experience our flesh would seek to recoil from; however He does promise us that He will be with us.

There are many fleshly desires that would seek to stop us from losing our life for His sake; the desire for financial security, the desire for acceptance from fellow saints, the desire to feel ‘in control’ of areas of our individual lives; the desire for physical safety and the avoidance of suffering, the desire for material possessions and home comforts, our professional ambitions and worldly standing in the eyes of men.

We must bring all of these, and more, to the cross, in order to say along with the apostle Paul: ‘I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me’.

Yahshua asks each of us, as He did to Simon: ‘Do you love me?’ He is daily proving each of us.

In sharing these thoughts above, I have shared what has been my exercise of heart in recent times, as Yahweh has called me to further crucify the flesh and hate even my own life, in order to respond to His claim on my life and to enter a deeper walk of faith. In days to come, this blog will seek to record some of that journey in the form of devotional meditations, and reports of my activities amongst the places He brings me into, to give testimony to the world.

Yahshua was a homeless man who was despised and rejected of men, including his own brethren; He was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. The testimony of the Word of God is that the walk of faith led men and women of God to a trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, of bonds and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain in the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; they wandered in desert, in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

We will in some portion receive of these, as we obey His will. There are great tests ahead.

Abba Father, I pray that at the end of our sojourn here, we may rejoice in the precious knowledge of this truth: ‘This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.’

Hallelu-Yah!


Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws    

Parables Blog: www.parablesblog.blogspot.com    

Mailing Address:
Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063

1 comment:

ds said...

Wow, great post. The ways of Jesus are not for the faint of heart.

"The flesh seeks to place limits on the exercise of our faith through fear and unbelief, and in doing so, limit our spiritual experience."

Very profound words. Our flesh and the flesh of others close to us can be huge hindrances to stepping out in faith.

Jesus saw this all the time either in his disciples (Peter) or in the Pharisees.

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Our father is Abraham. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

**The works of Abraham were FAITH works of following God where ever he led.**

Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I heard from God: this did not Abraham.

The spiritual man is led by FAITH. The Pharisees not only sought to kill Jesus physically but spiritually also.

The flesh man can not hear the spirit man.

Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word.

Sad thing is that many well meaning Christians in this world are unable to hear the voice of the spirit and seek to kill it in themselves or in others, thinking they are doing God a favor...

Obedience is very narrow way and seems to get narrower as you go forward. Many times with the scorn and anger of those closest to you. Thanks for the words.

Darrell